This is custom heading element
- If using your own gear (boat, paddle, sprayskirt): 75,- / day / person
Advanced kayak course for medium hard whitewater – paddle class 3! Ideal for participants that already paddle easy river sections on their own and want to improve their skill level.
Our course “Advanced 2” is ideal for paddlers that want to perfect their skills and improve their techniques. Our goal is to paddle whitewater grade 3safely.
- Advanced river and rapid reading, whitewater features
- Paddle strokes and techniques on grade 3 rapids
- Advanced paddle techniques
- Introduction to boof strokes and paddling through holes and waves
- Leading groups, scouting, whitewater tactic
- Safety on the river, rescue techniques
- Safety techniques (throwbaging,…)
- Proper edge of the boat, take advantage of currents (e.g. “S” ride)
- Beeing able to paddle whitewater grade 3 on your own.
- Good self-assessment for planning your own river trips.
- Perfection of advanced paddle techniques
- Multiple days on paddling whitewater grade 2, should not be longer then 1-2 years ago.
- Minimum age 12 years (only possible on request or private course)
- average physical fitness
- If your weight is above 120kg or you are above 1,95 tall please inform us before. Our biggest boat is for a maximum of 130kg. It will depend on a few factors (height, length of feet, hip with)
Am I Advanced 1 or 2?
Self – Check – which course is the right one for me?
- Course hours daily from 09:30 to approx. 16:30
- Starting point and end point of the course is always the AOS Basecamp Salza (changing and shower facilities on site, drinks, beer garden etc.)
- Lunch break daily at the river or in the camp (depending on the route)
- Choice of route depending on the conditions and requirements of the group.
Schedule of the kayak course “Advanced 2”
After meeting your instructor he/she will explain the overall schedule and plan for the course. After that we will hand out the fitting equipment for all participants. If you already have your own gear, feel free to use it.
At the beginning of the course, we will choose an easier whitewater section. We will briefly assess the overall skill level of all participants and refresh the basic skills needed for the harder sections. That way we can make sure that the overall level is similar, additionally it will give us a chance to warm up and refresh our skills.
Boofstrokes, safety and communication on the river, and much more…
In the overall course we will constantly work to improve your techniques. Our main focus is on advanced paddle techniquesand correct use of whitwater features on the river. Also we will adress the safety aspect of kayaking, if interested.
- Adults: 90,- day / person
- Kids 12-16 years: 75,- / day / person
- If you use our own gear: 75,- / day / person
Payment on site with cash or card, pre-payment via credit card possible
- Kajakkurs “Advanced 2”
- State-certified kayak instructor
- all equipment: wetsuit, jacket, shoes, life jacket, helmet, paddle, white water kayak, spray jacket, spray blanket
- Transport from Outdoorcamp Salza (it may happen that we need a vehicle of the participants to transfer the bus)
- Swimwear (swimming trunks, swimsuit, bikini)
- Towel and shower supplies.
- On weekends and holidays a snack for our lunch breaks
Food is not included in the price.
During the course we will make lunch breaks. The lunch can be given to the instructor before the course. There is a small minimarket next to the base, as well as supermarket 5 minutes by car. On holidays and weekends we recommend to bring lunch with you.
Good restaurants are nearby.
Meeting point and starting point for the courses:
AOS Basecamp Salza
Please arrive on time!
Dates & Availability
Course dates can be found in our calendar. The first day of the course is marked and bookable in the calendar. The courses take place from a minimum of 4 people. If your desired date is no longer available in the online plan, or if you want to make an individual appointment, please contact us by e-mail.
Does the course take place in all weathers?
Courses usually take place at all weather conditions You get warm neoprene equipment from us. If courses can not be held for safety reasons, we will notify you in advance (extreme storms, floods, unacceptable conditions). Rain showers are not a reason for cancellation.
Minimum number of participants
All courses require a certain minimum number of participants. These are usually 4 people. Please simply ask by e-mail or phone. Of course, you can also participate as individuals in all tours.
How many participants are at most with a course?
In the kayaking courses, a kayak instructor supervises a maximum of 8 people per group. Be aware though, that two or more parallel courses may cross paths every now and then on busier days of the season.
Showers & changing facilities
In our camp you will find modernly furnished and heated shower and changing facilities with toilets.
The safety of our guests is our top priority. We use modern and well-maintained safety equipment for all kayaking courses. Our kayak instructors are certified and trained for all courses and regularly participate in mandatory and voluntary internal training courses.
For the lunch break during the course we recommend a snack or snacks. On weekends or public holidays it is best to bring something for lunch in advance, otherwise they can also be purchased at a supermarket around the corner. In our Basecamp Salza you can order snacks such as pizza etc. There are good restaurants around the Basecamp. We are welcome to make recommendations in advance or on site.
Transfer & Parking
The transfers for the kayaking courses are carried out by us. We also have a small fleet of minibuses and a 50-seater large bus. In the course, we may sometimes need a private car from a participant to transfer the bus.
Free parking at base camp is of course available.
Reasons for exclusion & price cancellation
The respective requirements (minimum age, etc.) can be found in the course description. Our kayak instructors reserve the right to exclude participants from the course who do not meet these requirements or who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
If the course is cancelled early (illness, injury, cancellation by the organiser), the already paid course days can be credited and made up. Repayments are not possible.