This is custom heading element
- When using own kayak equipment: 90,- / day / person
- Kinder 12 – 16 : 90,- / Day / Person
Bring your kayak skills to the next level. Perfect for participants that already have experience in whitewater kayaking.
In our course we will continute the schedule where we stopped on the 5-day course for beginners. If you already bring experience in whitewater kayaking and want to improve your skills, this is the right course for you. Our goal is to be able to paddle whitewater grad 2 safely.
- Repeating the basic techniques
- River features
- Perfectioning techniques like taking eddies, ferry gliding
- Advanced paddle techniques
- Awareness for river safety
- Proper edge of the boat, take advantage of currents (e.g. “S” ride)
- Repeating basic techniques
- Beeing able to paddle grad 2 whitewater
- Multiple days of experience on whitewater grade 1-2
- Minimum age 12 years (only possible on request or private course)
- average physical fitness
- If your weight is above 120kg or you are above 1,95 tall please inform us before. Our biggest boat is for a maximum of 130kg. It will depend on a few factors (height, length of feet, hip with)
Am I a Beginner or Advanced?
Selfcheck – which course is the right one for me?
- Course hours daily from 09:30 to approx. 16:30
- Starting point and end point of the course is always the AOS Basecamp Salza (changing and shower facilities on site, drinks, beer garden etc.)
- Lunch break daily at the river or in the camp (depending on the route)
- Choice of route depending on the conditions and requirements of the group.
After meeting your kayak instructor he will explain the overall course. Afterwards we will give everyone the right equipment. If you already have your own gear, feel free to use it.
On the beginning of the course we will choose an easier section. That makes sure that we can warm up and get a good assessment of the overall skill level.
Further into the course we will work on the individual skill level and try to improve our techniques. Our goal is to get a more comfortable feeling in the kayakand to be able to paddle whitewater grade 2.
- Swimwear (swimming trunks, swimsuit, bikini)
- Towel and shower supplies.
- On weekends and holidays a snack for our lunch breaks
The accomodation is not included in the price.
Starting and ending point of our course is always the base in Großreifling. We also offer bed&breakfast in the Adventure Guesthouse there. Breakfast.
Here you find more accomodations.
Food is not included in the price.
During the course we will make lunch breaks. The lunch can be given to the instructor before the course. There is a small minimarket next to the base, as well as supermarket 5 minutes by car. On holidays and weekends we recommend to bring lunch with you.
Good restaurants are nearby.
Meeting point and starting point for the courses:
AOS Basecamp Salza
Please arrive on time!
Dates & Availability
Course dates can be found in our calendar. The first day of the course is marked and bookable in the calendar. The courses take place from a minimum of 4 people. If your desired date is no longer available in the online plan, or if you want to make an individual appointment, please contact us by e-mail.
Does the course take place in all weathers?
Courses usually take place at all weather conditions You get warm neoprene equipment from us. If courses can not be held for safety reasons, we will notify you in advance (extreme storms, floods, unacceptable conditions). Rain showers are not a reason for cancellation.
Minimum number of participants
All courses require a certain minimum number of participants. These are usually 4 people. Please simply ask by e-mail or phone. Of course, you can also participate as individuals in all tours.
How many participants are at most with a course?
In the kayaking courses, a kayak instructor supervises a maximum of 8 people per group. Be aware though, that two or more parallel courses may cross paths every now and then on busier days of the season.
Showers & changing facilities
In our camp you will find modernly furnished and heated shower and changing facilities with toilets.
The safety of our guests is our top priority. We use modern and well-maintained safety equipment for all kayaking courses. Our kayak instructors are certified and trained for all courses and regularly participate in mandatory and voluntary internal training courses.
For the lunch break during the course we recommend a snack or snacks. On weekends or public holidays it is best to bring something for lunch in advance, otherwise they can also be purchased at a supermarket around the corner. In our Basecamp Salza you can order snacks such as pizza etc. There are good restaurants around the Basecamp. We are welcome to make recommendations in advance or on site.
Transfer & Parking
The transfers for the kayaking courses are carried out by us. We also have a small fleet of minibuses and a 50-seater large bus. In the course, we may sometimes need a private car from a participant to transfer the bus.
Free parking at base camp is of course available.
Reasons for exclusion & price cancellation
The respective requirements (minimum age, etc.) can be found in the course description. Our kayak instructors reserve the right to exclude participants from the course who do not meet these requirements or who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
If the course is cancelled early (illness, injury, cancellation by the organiser), the already paid course days can be credited and made up. Repayments are not possible.
If there is no suitable date for you, too few participants are available or a course is already fully booked – then please write us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org call us!